Monday, February 9, 2009

Death by Chocolate

What a way to go!

Just a heads up. This Saturday Feb., 14 is VALENTINE'S DAY!

Just to show some love for your special someone, (or go ahead, love yourself)
I 'm giving you a couple of GREAT chocolate options for the day of love.

What says I LOVE YOU better than chocolate?

Well, there are a COUPLE of things, but you could quiet most raging maniacs if you just offered them some chocolate! Especially if they happen to be female.

It has been scientifically PROVEN to be a mood changer.
It has actually kept me from committing crimes during certain times when my stress level was at an all-time high!
.
In a word, chocolate is : POWERFUL.

Here is one powerful kitchen must have that you need to go purchase TODAY. Right now. Leave....before the lines get too long. I'll wait for you. I'll still be here when you get back.

The chocolate fountain can be purchased for home use for around $30.
This, I tell you, will be one of these BEST investments you will ever make!
Especially, if you're not a great cook, but still like to impress people with the illusion of you knowing your way around a kitchen.

My cousin Angie, bless her heart, bought me one for my birthday and WOOHOO! All kinds of fun has started up in my house.

Here's the best part. You buy 2 bags of chocolate chips (white or semi-sweet),and add some oil (to make it smooth flowing and you know, more fat, more taste).

That's it! Well, you do have to turn the machine on, but c'mon. Pretty simple.

You then surround it with your favorite snacks that you like to be dipped, covered, or engulfed in chocolate. Just buy some wooden kabob skewers or toothpicks if you don't have metal skewers.

My favorite dippers:
Strawberries (perfect for Valentine's Day)
Marshmallows, pretzels, pineapple, plain cookies, pound cake, peanut butter cookies,etc. The list in endless!

When no one is looking, just put your tongue in there! Even better!


Here is an easy recipe to serve on Valentine's day that will WOW 'em!

Cream Puffs

Prep Time: 30 min Total Time: 45 min Makes: 9 servings,
one cream puff each. From Kraftfoods.com



1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of 17.3-oz. pkg.), thawed
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted.

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface; roll out to 10-inch square. Cut into nine circles with 3-inch cookie cutter or rim of glass. Place on baking sheet. Bake 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

MEANWHILE, pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Cover. Refrigerate 15 min.

CUT pastry circles horizontally in half. Spoon pudding mixture evenly into bottom halves of pastry; cover with tops. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

* Be sure to check my previous post for THE BEST steak marinade for a wonderful Valentine's Day Main dish!

*Leave me your favorite chocolate recipe suitable for serving on Valentine's day.

And I'll leave you with this trailer of the movie CHOCOLAT. VERY ROMANTIC! Rent this movie to spice things up a bit!


Check out Mama's Losin it for some fun links to read!

19 comments:

  1. Dang, Sherri! How the heck do you keep up with all this? Thank goodness the whole spelling and grammer thing isn't a stumbling block for you, God love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM Johnny Depp AND chocolate. I'm in heaven :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. katdish- since it is a weekly post, not a big time drainer and I'll never sweat spelling and grammer mishaps! Life's too short to stress over comma placements!

    Cheryl, Kathy and C. Beth- my sentiments exactly!

    C. Beth- WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be sending a fabulous recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we made the cream puffs a few weeks ago....they're yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sitting here all wrapped up...layers are good for being sick ;)... with a glass of hotchocolate...dreaming...just dreaming of diving into a chocolate fountain...;)

    Much love my friend,

    Thanks for your light in the world,

    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maithri- I've been reading about the devestation there in Australia and my heart goes out to you!

    If you could come to SOutheren Illinois, I would prepare my chocolate fountain JUST for you!

    You are a beautiful soul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill- Hey, I'm glad to know you liked the cream puffs! Big AL and I will go out for Valentine's Day, but I'm gonna' make a Sunday Dinner for all my Valentine's (Sons, Parents, sister, neighbor) and cream puffs will be one of the desserts (Along with the chocolate fountain, of course!)

    YOU ALL ARE INVITED TO JOIN US!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, thank you! I would love to die this way. Death by chcolat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skinny- I'm with you. I've asked my hubby (Big Al) to place some chocolate somewhere in my casket so I can rest in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, so you've convinced me that I need to go out and buy a chocolate fountain!

    Any cream puff recipe where I don't have to make the pastry part from scratch is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that movie. Great recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh, super sweet selections ALL!
    [found you via MamaKat :)]

    ReplyDelete
  14. you aren't kidding, chocolate is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WELCOME TO MY BLOG:
    WhatsTheSKinny
    Heatherlyn
    Tiffany
    Cheryl Lage
    Jen

    Hope you'll return with some recipes!

    ALways feel free to link to your sites. I love promoting great blog sites!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally! I was having the WORST time getting this comment form to open :( But YAY! It finally worked lol I'm going to add the link to the Triple-Chocolate Cherry Bars to this post now :) Sorry I couldn't get to it earlier..I had a day and a half lol Love, Kathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok my Sherri :) I have added a link from my cookbook to here...if anyone would like the recipe for the Tripe-Chocolate Cherry Bars they can visit this URL:

    http://theeatfoodnotmoneycookbook.blogspot.com/2009/02/triple-chocolate-cherry-bars.html

    Thank you sweetie for suggesting we share this one ♥ hugs

    ReplyDelete