Sunday, February 15, 2009

"FAST and FURIOUS" Menu: Easy Chicken Fettuccine with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce



Only 3 ingredients!


*1 Jar ClassicoRoasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce
*1 box fettuccine noodles
*1 pkg. boneless, skinless chicken strips

Boil Fettuccine. And don't walk off like I always do and get on the computer and only remember you're cooking something when you smell it burning!)

Heat chicken strips (In butter) until all pink is gone.(Don't use other "healthy" stuff to cook it in- I'm tellin' you, it won't be as good)

When noodles are tender (al dente), add the sauce and chicken and serve warm!
(I don't even heat the sauce, because the hot noodles and chicken warms it up for you!)

Serving suggestions:

Serve on colorful plates with peas on the side.( Or steamed broccoli, or asparagus)
Add a salad and some crusty garlic bread and you my, friend , can call yourself an "easy Italian" cook*
!

*But if someone else calls you an "easy Italian", slap 'em!

9 comments:

  1. Easy Italian. HA!

    Looks pretty yummy to me. And I agree with the whole 'butter' thing. There is NO margarine allowed in my house. Good ol' butter or olive oil. Only the best for my brood. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, many "healthy" cooks won't use butter, but instead use margarine.

    Margarine has the same properties used in making PLASTIC! But we don't normally eat plastic! (unless you have a vitamin deficiency or something).

    Use BUTTER, just less of it.

    EVERYTHING in moderation.

    Whipped butter is a good way to lessen the amount of fat used but still get the great taste benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, whatever.

    More butter. More better.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I had a fabulous prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, and cooked carrots with butter, brown sugar and cumin. I. Was. In. Heaven.

    Oh, yeah. And a nice Merlot.

    Dinner was goooood.

    Company was fabulous.

    Thanks for the great conversation yesterday.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved talking to you ear to ear instead of fingers to fingers! Can't wait for face to face!

    Glad you had a great Valentine's Day.

    I had almost the exact meal except mine was prepared by Big Al. (i made dessert though).

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmm....... this looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this last night and guess what? It is delish! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, You can call yourself an "easy Italian cook"!

    ReplyDelete