Sunday, February 22, 2009

SOUP'S ON! Potato Broccoli and Cheese


We've been having some CRAZY weather here in Southern Illinois. One week ago we were enjoying unseasonably warm 70 degree temperatures; yesterday it was SNOWING!
The snow didn't stick, but the cold certainly did!

It was perfect soup weather, so today I made a QUICK, EASY and Delicious Broccoli and Potato soup!

You'll get rave reviews and it only takes a little preparation for this cheatin' version!


1 lb. bag frozen O'Brien Potatoes
1 lb. bag frozen chopped broccoli
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
4 cans chicken broth
1 lb. VELVEETA cheese, cubed
*crumbled bacon and or diced, cooked ham

Heat broth and soups till boiling. Turn down heat to medium and add veges and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
Add Velveeta and stir until smooth and creamy.

Serve in individual bowls and top with cooked and crumbled bacon.

Add some heavy bread or rolls for dipping or serve in pre-purchased bread bowls.

A side salad will round out this easy meal.

Be sure to share this one with those you love, or who are needin' a little comfort.

And whatever you do, don't be a SOUP NAZI!

4 comments:

  1. I cheat like that with baked potatoe soup. This sounds good though. Thanks for stopping by. Come back again. By the way I had a chocolate fountain too. I mixed my chocolate half semi-sweet with half dark chocolate. Oh so rich. Pineapples were my favorite to dip. Just to die for.

    Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back and leave me THAT soup recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri that looks YUMMY!! I have a potato soup recipe too:

    Creamy Potato Soup

    :D yum, yum, yum, yum I could eat soup every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That couldn't get any easier! And it sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete