Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries


My cousin and our hubbys went Harley riding this evening and found a new place for "BIKERS" to eat. On the menu was SWEET POTATO FRIES which we all wanted to try, but they were sold out!

SO I came home and found this recipe from allrecipes.com that I think sounds fabulous.

Here's one of the quotes from a satisfied foody:

"These are so tasty your family won't believe they are eating healthy! Nothing this good for you should taste so good...or be this easy to cook. These are delicious plain, but may be dipped in honey mustard sauce, ketchup, or even guacamole."


INGREDIENTS

4 sweet potatoes, cut into large French fries

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Toss with Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Arrange fries on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake for 30 minutes, turning once, or until fries are crispy on the outside.

Has anyone out there ever tried these before?

If you have your own recipe, please share it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love sweet potato fries! I just rinse them off after they're cut up and dredge them in some flour seasoned with salt & pepper and fry them up. It's very simple but very yummmy. That recipe looks great..I never thought of Italian seasoning & lemon pepper. I bet that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet potatoes and eat them every way but raw! I even love to plant a chunk of one by my pond because the vines are so beautiful.

    My favorite ways are either whipping baked sweet potatoes with a little skim milk and a chipotle pepper, or sprinkling "fries" with olive oil and Emeril's seasoning (I mix up my own) and baking them like Sherri does here.

    Obviously, I like HEAT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy- your recipe sounds good too.

    Candace- I make a sweet potato casserole each Thanksgiving that I think tastes like pumpkin pie, but that it the only way I've ever eaten them. I'm gonna' make these tonight to see if I like them. I know they are a good food, much better for me than the regular potatoes I consume in mass quantities, I mean, moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so delicious Sherri, but we don 't have lemon pepper.Is the lemon flavoured pepper, can 't imagine it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amrita- yes, there is really such a thing- it is a mild taste with just a hint of "zing". They will still taste fine without it though.

    ReplyDelete