Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Bird's Nests"- a Sweet Treat!



April 22 is NATIONAL JELLY BEAN DAY!

To help you celebrate, I found a great recipe (from allrecipes.com) that would be fun for the kids, or a nice addition to a whimsical ladies' spring luncheon or garden party.

"Jelly Bean Nests"


Extremely simple and quick!

PREP TIME 25 Min
COOK TIME 5 Min
READY IN 30 Min
Original recipe yield 12 nests




INGREDIENTS

2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
4 cups chow mein noodles
Speckled jelly beans



DIRECTIONS


Butter a 12 cup muffin tin.
Combine marshmallows and butter over medium heat in a saucepan; stir until the butter and marshmallows have melted. Stir in the chow mein noodles, coat well. Butter fingers and press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the prepared muffin tin. Refrigerate until firm.

Add "speckled" jelly beans on top.

Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. I am going to be a hit with my nieces and nephews when I show up with these!!! I might out do myself though, and have no follow up?? Thank you so much for sharing these. Seriously, they will love them. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger, my pleasure! I wish I would have found the recipe before Easter, I think they would have been a big hit at my dessert table for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one creative and beautiful lloking recipe! Oh how I wished I had seen this before Easter. My girls would have loved to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaww! how SWEET! not just for kids, I would love to make these too! what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. katherine- My thoughts exactly.

    burpandslurp-Welcome! And what a cute name.
    I agree that it is a recipe for adults to enjoy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nmaine- They're fun AND delicious!

    ReplyDelete