Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I found this clever idea on Creative Holiday Gift Ideas.
It would make a great Easter gift for a teacher at school or church, and would also be a fun centerpiece for the kids table at Easter; and when dinner is over, the kids can make dessert!
Here's what you need and need to do:
1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 quart jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them.
5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M's.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon.
options: You may add the M&M's first, then Peeps, then put combined brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in baggie. (Less messy) .
Attach a gift tag giving the following instructions:
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
(Makes 9 to 12 bars.)
*Option - leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.
*This gift jar may be created to suit any holiday for which marshmallow candies are available.
*Scroll down for even more delicious Easter recipes!
Before you leave, be sure to enter my SPRING FLING GIVEAWAY! (Click on the photo on my top left sidebar.)
It only takes ONE CHANCE to WIN!
*Contest ends this Saturday!