Saturday, April 11, 2009

Golden Scalloped Potatoes- Perfect for Easter DInner!


I've made this recipe for about 10 years for our Easter Dinner.

It goes very well with your Easter Ham.

The recipe is from a church cookbook I helped publish years ago. The delicious dish was submitted by my friend, Mary Darnell and is worth a try if you are interested in receiving rave reviews for your efforts.

You will need:

1 can cream of celery soup
1/3 c. milk
dash of pepper
4 c. thinly sliced potatoes
1 small onion (or use onion flakes)
1 c.shredded sharp cheddar cheese
paprika
butter

DIRECTIONS:

Combine soup, milk and pepper. In buttered 1 1/2 qt. casserole, arrange alternate layers of potatoes, onions, soup mixture and cheese. Dot top with butter, sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 375 for 1 hour. Uncover, and bake 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.

Makes about 4 cups.
*This recipe can be easily doubled.

3 comments:

  1. These look awesome, sherri! I usually just use Rachael Ray's recipe, but I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rachael Ray's is my favorite too, I lOVE EVERYTHING she does: all of her shows, her magazines, cookbooks, clothes, humor...
    She rocks!

    ReplyDelete