Friday, May 29, 2009

FAST AND FURIOUS FRIDAY MEAL- Applebees Oriental Salad



This delicious sweet and sour salad is my favorite when I dine at Applebee's, and it makes a quick light meal to prepare.




YOU WILL NEED:

Salad:

Frozen breaded chicken strips (or chicken nuggets)

2 bags Dole Classic Romaine mix (with carrots and purple cabbage strips)

1/2 can Oriental rice noodles

1/2 cup sliced almonds

DRESSING:

1 cup Mayo
1/2 cup sugar
1/3cup vinegar

Bake chicken according to pkg. directions. Slice into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.

Toss all  salad ingredients together. Place chicken on top. Pour dressing over just before serving.


Enjoy a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Omgosh Sherri I love that salad tooooo.

    Now I can make it at home? *Gasp*

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this salad too. I can't wait to try and made the dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to try and make this , it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Great recipe... thanks!

    I like to use cornflake crumbs to bread a number of things..... but like you.... I agree sometimes the quick and easy route is the most practical... I'd probably buy the frozen chicken strips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a great recipes and I usually buy the frozen chicken strips and baked them to save time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the oriental salad at Applebees, sure will use this recipe. thanks for sharing.
    Norma W

    ReplyDelete