Thursday, July 2, 2009

Three Ingredient Thursday- Pasta with Brocolli Rabe & Sausage



I found this 30 minute meal in Woman's Day (originally published 5 years ago) and it works well on those evenings when a simple meal is all you can put together. Great for those on a tight food budget too!


You will need:

12 oz uncooked mini rigatoni pasta
1 lb broccoli rabe, ends trimmed, stacked and cut in 1-in.-wide strips
1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed


Direction

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as package directs, adding broccoli rabe 3 minutes before pasta will be done. Reserve 1 cup cooking water. Drain pasta and broccoli rabe; return to pot.

While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up large chunks, 5 to 7 minutes until browned and cooked through. Add reserved water.

Cook, stirring, 1 minute to loosen brown bits on bottom of pan. Pour over pasta mixture in pot; cook, stirring, 1 minute to heat and mix.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. What a great weekday meal. I love one dish meals like this. Recipes from Womans Day have never failed me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog and that recipe looks delicious. I do love brocolli rabe and I bet the sausage balances it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna- Woman's day rocks!

    Kelly- Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three ingredients and it looks like THIS? My brain just shut down. I have to make this!

    ReplyDelete