Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Easy Thanksgiving Sides- Asparagus and Green Beans( a repost)
"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."
-- Meister Eckhardt
Just a couple of simple side dishes for last minute additions to the Thanksgiving table, or any meal.
*Check out my sidebar for many more Thanksgiving recipes you can add to your feast!
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 bunch fresh asparagus
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
1. Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender.Top with parmesan. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes.
* 5 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained
* 7 slices bacon
* 2/3 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 7 teaspoons soy sauce
* 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the drained green beans in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. Cook bacon in a microwave on microwave-safe plate for 2 minutes until slightly cooked. Lay the bacon on top of the green beans.
3. Combine the brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour the butter mixture over the green beans and bacon. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Both recipes adapted from Allrecipes.com