Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Steak with Mushrooms



SO, my husband calls me from work and says, "Will you cook some steaks with some mushrooms, and I'd like some potatoes and something else really good to go with it, OK?"

So I did what any good wife who runs her own 24 hour family style restaurant from her humble kitchen does...I began cooking his dinner with a smile! :)

Really- I would prefer him to tell me what he wants, because last night I made one of my favorite dinners (kielbasa and sauerkraut) and he ate only one serving (a cook's nightmare!)

SO, if you want to whip up a weeknight steak dinner, here's a good one to try.

I love the crunchy topping on the mushrooms. Very tasty!




Ingredients

* 1 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steak, cut 1 inch thick
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs (I used Italian-seasoned)
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 1/4 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
* 8 ounces button mushrooms, cut into quarters (drain a can of mushrooms)
* 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions ( I used minced onion)

Directions

Melt 1 teaspoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; stir in bread crumbs and cheese. Cook and stir 3 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from pan. Set aside.
Press 2 teaspoons steak seasoning evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning once.
Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions and remaining 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender and lightly browned; keep warm.
Remove bone from steak; carve crosswise into slices. Serve with mushrooms. Sprinkle crumb mixture over mushrooms and steak.

*I served it with boiled potatoes, asparagus (recipe is on my sidebar) and a side salad.




Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mushrooms are our favorite topping for steaks; these look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a meal I know I'd love to come home to :)

    ReplyDelete