Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mocha Mix


My good friend Debbie gave me this recipe many years ago, and I always save it for our first REAL snow (you know, the kind that sticks and cancels school and shuts down businesses).

Well, here in So. Illinois, that has usually happened already, but tonight is the weatherman's first prediction for a snow storm, so I went ahead and made it-I can't wait any longer!

Debbie's beautiful Mother, Lynn, passed away from breast cancer, and this recipe makes me think of her. So when you make yourself a cup, drink up...in honor of Lynn, who fought a courageous battle and has left behind a wonderful family.

Lynn was a stay at home mother whose life revolved around her family. So, in her memory, make a batch for your bunch to warm up their bodies after a cold day outdoors, and give them a hug to warm their souls!

YOU WILL NEED:
2 cups Swiss Miss powdered Mocha
2 cups powdered non-dairy creamer
1 c. instant coffee granules
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/4 cup sugar

Blend all till well mixed. Store in covered jar. Use 2 tsp. mix per cup of boiling water.

Stir well, top with marshmallows.
*If you'll notice in the photo, I sprinkled some little "snowflakes" I had leftover from some Christmas baking supplies I had on hand. I love the touch it added.

9 comments:

  1. This would hit the spot, my hands are freezing tonight! Love the little snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too Julie- my bones get cold and I have to warm up from the inside out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds perfect for this coming cold weather! I love the addition of the spices to this mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're cold even in Georgia too! No snow here... but we're not really used to cold weather... so this would definitely hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you got half what we got, you are glad you have this on hand... nasty cold and 10 inches of the white stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed your blog Sherri! Life has been a bit crazy here, ok it's always crazy here who am I kidding lol.

    This looks a tad on the healthy side though. ;) Oooo I wonder what you've been cooking.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am raising my cup Mocha to Lynn-Cheers.

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds delicious and perfect for chilly weather. Bless your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice way to remember a cherished friend, the food of memories.

    Yummm... this drink does sound good. I love the stars, too!!

    ReplyDelete