Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Mom's Oven Baked Ritzy Chicken


* This is a repost from many years ago. My mom is experiencing some health problems right now and I decided to share this "lovin from the oven" from her . If you were sick and she knew it, she would be lifting up your name to our Creator, praying and believing for your healing. I'm asking the same for her, from you. Her name is Rose. 💗

This is my family's go-to chicken recipe that my Mom has been making for many years.It has a very buttery flavor, and the crust is so good, when no one is looking, I even try to eat the crumbs from the baking pan. Sometimes I do it when people ARE looking because it's that good!

This is easier than frying chicken since you don't have to stand over the stove waiting, then turning each piece. However, often Mom will go ahead and brown each piece in the skillet BEFORE baking it. Which really is the best way to prepare, but to save on time and a little more fat, I just bake them.

I'm not trying to pass this off as a healthy baked chicken recipe, because it's not, however, baking is better than frying, but browning in the skillet is mom's secret before baking....you should listen to my Momma!


If you want to give it a try, you will need:

Chicken- boneless, skinless (see, saved yourself a little fat right there!)
*Cut into strips
1 stick of butter (You may need a little more)
Melt.

1 sleeve RITZ crackers , or more depending on how heavy you like your coating.  (This brand does make the difference- don't substitute.)
Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumbs. Place on GREASED baking sheet . Pour extra butter over top. Bake a 350 for about 30 minutes.






You'll have to practice moderation.

Now, you can send a thank you note to my Momma!

11 comments:

  1. This looks like a wonderful go to meal! I sneak and eat the breading crumbs too sometimes. Very nice picture of you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this chicken looks amazing! It reminds me of chicken my grandma used to make. Love the picture of you and your mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a sweet picture :D Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that- baked not fried. But it looks fried! And I bet it tastes fried.
    Nice photo of you and your mom. You look like her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic!! I imagine those greasy, crispy crumbs from the pan must be divine! Thanks Sherri's Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh. . . I love the picture of you and your Mother! Very cute. I don't know what to say about the chicken other than YUMMY. That sums it up YUMMY!! Easy and beyond delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chicken strips look quite yummy! I am thinking served with a dipping sauce and I would not need anything else to make me happy :-)

    Great photo of you and your mom. I raise my glass to your mom "Cheers"

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM YUM YUM Easy and delicious! Happen to have Ritz crackers in the pantry and chicken in the freezer. YAY. Guess what we'll be having soon?!

    Sweet and lovely picture of you and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful photo of you two Sherri! You both look so pretty.

    This chicken recipe sounds so delicious! I could eat an entire box of Ritz so I know I would love it. I'll try it soon and let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing the recipe and your sweet visit today.

    Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just need to bookmark your whole darn blog. Save!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, one word...Yum! Fried chicken is my favorite dish in the whole world and this looks great!

    ReplyDelete