Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Cranberry Pineapple "Muffins" (a repost)



I found this little tangy, tart and sweet dish in a magazine, which sent me to Kraftfoods.com for the recipe.

I love the presentation. It's perfect to serve on your Holiday table- SO festive! Such a tasty sidedish to any chicken, turkey or pork recipe. The Thanksgiving turkey or the Christmas Ham would love it as a sidekick!

When I served it, it was delicious and a big hit, however, I did not have luck removing them from the liners, so next time I will spray the cupcake liners with a non-stick spray as one of my readers suggested. It can also be made in a large (13x9) glass baking dish.

These qualify as a side dish or a light dessert. They really are a welcomed relief from the other heavy dishes during the holidays.

YOU WILL NEED:

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, in juice
2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Raspberry flavor gelatin
1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 Apple, chopped


Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 2-1/2 cups; pour into saucepan. Bring to boil. Add to gelatin mixes in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved.

Stir in pineapple, cranberry sauce, nuts and apples. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.

REFRIGERATE 2-1/2 hours or until firm. Remove desserts from liners before serving.


You may also prepare these by using JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin or JELL-O Raspberry Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin.

Enjoy~Everything in Modertion

7 comments:

  1. They're so pretty Sherri! I bet they're delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt made this exact same recipe for Thanksgiving this year. While I didn't get a chance to try it, I know everyone at our table really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable. Love the ruby red color, so bright on the holiday table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! Perfect for the holidays. The colors rock too. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherri! Love this recipe, thanks! Have you tried spraying a little Pam in the liners before putting in the mixture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet if you used silicone baking cups, you could easily unmold them

    ReplyDelete