Thursday, June 3, 2010
AWESOME Gourmet Tuna Salad!
I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and had to try it because of the fantastic reviews it received from so many of those who had tried it. It was a recipe from a caterer and it did not disappoint!
I have several ways I prepare mine, this one was very different, though. Secret ingredients are PARMESAN CHEESE and CURRY! Who knew these flavors would blend so nicely with tuna?!
Not a believer? Don't take my word for it- prepare it yourself and wow the crowd!
Yield 4 servings
* 1 (7 ounce) can white tuna, drained and flaked
* 6 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing (this makes a very creamy salad- use less if you prefer a not-so creamy salad)
* 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
* 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
* 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
* 1 tablespoon dried parsley
* 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
* 1 pinch garlic powder
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and onion flakes. Season with curry powder, parsley, dill and garlic powder. Mix well and serve with crackers or on a sandwich.
*I ate my first sandwich, on 7 grain bread with lettuce added.
Sandwich #2 was made using flour tortillas and lettuce.
Then I ate some with crackers. IT IS ADDICTING and I'm not a tuna salad lover at all!
*In the photo, I had also added some green apple. It didn't need anything extra but I needed to use up the apples!