Friday, December 1, 2017

Vanilla Coffee Punch (a re-post)





Several years ago, I was asked to make a "nice punch" to serve with gourmet cookies for the guests that would be touring the administrative offices of a new facility in the area. They didn't want a "kiddie punch", but something more sophisticated. This was the recipe that came to mind. I found it at TASTE OF HOME.

It is coffee-flavored with a smooth vanilla touch,  creamy and not too sweet. It has an elegant look. This is DELICIOUS--even if you're not one that loves a cold coffee flavor. Many of the guests were giving it rave reviews! It was being compared to drinks at STARBUCKS, and it also reminds me a bit of my favorite drink at Dairy Queen, a MOO-LATTE (but fancier).

Honestly, I have never received so many compliments on a punch, and so many recipe requests.

You must give it a try.

YOU WILL NEED:

* 4 cups brewed vanilla-flavored coffee, cooled
* 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
* Ground cinnamon

Directions

* In a large container, combine the coffee, milk and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Spoon ice cream into a punch bowl; pour coffee mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Serves 13

Enjoy~Everything in Moderation

2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! :) I don't have vanilla flavoured (real) coffee though, so am hoping that this vanilla-ish flavoured instant coffee mix stuff will work, i have to try this out! :)

    I see so many delicious looking sweet treats around here! I'm gonna have to follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I hope you like it! I've made it with reg. coffee and added some vanilla flavored cappucino mix. It was still delicious!

    ReplyDelete