Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Mousse ( a repost)




What a yummy treat! Smooth and delicious with the perfect blend of pumpkin and cream. This is a simple to prepare dessert and helps with those "pumpkin-spiced everything" cravings.

This was also supposed to have pecans on top, but  apparently my grown sons must have found the HIDDEN bag, because there were none to be found. But it still tasted great and I went ahead and added the butter to the brown sugar sans the nuts just for more texture and it was awesome!



You will need:

1 cup cold milk
1 3.4 0z pkg. of Jell-O brand Pumpkin Spice Instant pudding and pie filling
*Beat together with whisk for 2 minutes.

1 cup thawed cool whip ( or whipped cream) + more for garnish
*Stir into the above mixture.

Spoon into 4 dessert dishes.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

To serve:

Add

1 T. melted butter and 1/4 cup pecan pieces and
2 T. brown sugar. Mix well and sprinkle on top of the mousse. Add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a dash of brown sugar.

Serving from a  nice dessert dish or glass makes this simple treat seem special.



Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. I am not usually a pumpkin fan in desserts but that looks awesome. I especially love the picture where it's kind of askew. Very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning looking dessert and the fact that it's simple to make is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize there was a pumpkin spice pudding available!!!! YUM! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not seen that jello pudding either - bet this is so good. Very nice pictures too Sherri!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan and Mary- on the box it says "Seasonal Flavor"- so I'm sure it won't be around long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM YUM YUM Love pudding. Love pumpkin. Would love this pumpkin mousse!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I just love pumpkin and spices at this time of year Sherri. Thanks for the wonderful recipe to try.

    ~Happy Halloween! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this sounds like a perfect and delicious dessert for our season. I can't WAIT to try it.

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a yummy treat!! I can't get enough of pumpkin and spice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this looks heavenly! =) ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another pumpkin recipe to try from you! On that note - I'm having trouble getting to my favorite, "pumpkin creme muffins" - says it's gone :P

    ReplyDelete