Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mini Popcorn Balls on a stick



Here is the recipe for the Miniature Popcorn Balls on a stick that my cousin made for the " She's About to Pop" baby shower we held recently.

The original recipe for regular popcorn balls came my friend Debbie. (Thanks Deb!)

YOU WILL NEED:

7 cups popped popcorn
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
~~~~~~~
(for drizzling)
Pretzel sticks
Milk chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
Caramel

In saucepan, mix sugar, water, syrup, salt and butter. Cook till 250 degrees on a candy thermometer or until a few drops form a hard ball when dropped into cold water.
Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla , by pouring a thin stream over the corn, stirring constantly to mix.

To FORM BALLS

Take a small amount and form (make them golf ball size) around pretzel stick. Place them on a greased cookie sheet. Drizzle melted milk chocolate chips, melted white chocolate chips, and melted caramel. It doesn't take much, (half a coffee cup is what I used.) I then poured the Chocolate and caramel in a zip lock baggie (place it in a cup to stabilize )cut off the corner, then drizzle. I bet you could also sprinkle chopped nuts on them before the chocolate sets up. Pretty simple.


Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. When I show up with these for my nieces and nephews I am going to be very popular!! CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherri! I didn't need it for the graduation. I just wanted it because they look so good and kid friendly! I can't wait to have an excuse to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute! I am so looking forward to making all these for the SIL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea for a party or shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to make these as my son's birthday treat for preschool on Monday! Thanks! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made this today for an opening night reception for daughter's middle school play and they turned out very cute (and smell wonderful). Plus they were easy and inexpensive! Wow! Thanks much for posting this recipe on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to add this treat to our Grinch Sweet Shoppe at our local Holiday Expo. It is sure to be a hit!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete