Monday, June 1, 2009

Bourbon Wieners



This is one of the fastest going appetizers I have ever brought to a party, and I've been making it for many years.

It was actually introduced to me at a church supper, and Pam, who gave me the recipe, had to do so in secret because of the Bourbon!

It is delicious, and I have also used it with meatballs with the same plate-licking results!

YOU WILL NEED:
1 1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/8-1/4 cup Bourbon

Mix altogether.


*Now, you can leave out the Bourbon if your conscience won't allow you to enjoy it, but I've tried it both ways, and although still good without it, it is GREAT with it!


A couple of packages of Little Smokies, browned in a skillet.

Place wieners (and fat from skillet ) into a crock pot and pour sauce over and mix well. Heat through and keep warm.


* You may also add your favorite meatball recipe and serve the same way. Or mix them together (meatballs and wieners- I've served it that way and it was a big hit as well.

6 comments:

  1. That's all? Easy recipes are the best!! I laughed at the secret trading of the recipe. Alchohol is how we get those wonderful flavors. We just need to convince churches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the girls at the monthly Ladies Luncheon will love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CP-Yes, that's it, and I'm telling you they're delicious. ANd everyone brings the wieners in chili sauce and grape jelly, which is also good, but these are fantastic!

    kathy- I guarantee it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds so tasty... will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yowza, this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete