Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm loving me some good (and easy) steaks!

Father's Day is Sunday.

Want to impress your DADDY? Grill some FABULOUS steaks for him!
This photo is a cropped one from a reader, STEPH, who tried my recipe and gave it two thumbs up!

This is THE  best steak marinade around, shared by our local barber, V.E.  which has made me the "Steak Queen" in these parts.

Even GRILL MASTERS have complimented the  perfect taste and especially the TENDERNESS of the steaks.

The tenderizer called for in the recipe is a MUST, especially for a cheaper cut of meat. You won't even recognize your steaks, if you use this recipe instead of just slapping them on the grill with S&P.

THE QUEEN'S STEAK MARINADE, compliments to V.E.

1 clove garlic, mashed
1 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. oil
2 T. water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ACCENT (seasoning AKA MSG--an alternative would be this--click here  )
Adolph's meat tenderizer


Use tenderizer as directed. Combine ingredients and cover meat with this sauce. Marinade at least 3 hours-overnight. Baste while grilling.

*Note, if you will be basting, be sure to set out a little sauce to use for basting that has not come in contact with the meat.



You must try this one!

9 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the plug Sherri! yeah! Come check me out! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph- Looking forward to more good things from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's on the screen back there?

    looks great you guys! still planning on trying this too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll have to ask Steph.
    Myself, I could never watch TV while cooking. I'd get distracted and leave out an important ingredient or burn something. Both things have happened to me. Just ask Big Al.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherri :) I just added your great cooking blog to my links on my cookbook! I hope you don't mind. This is really a great site! ♥ Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy- I of course am thrilled to be added to your great site.

    I would love to feature some of your stuff on here as well.

    We'll have to get our cyber heads together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi whats Accent? and where do you get it? Looks delicious by the way.mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ACCENT is a mixture of seasonings. For those of you who do not want MSG in your recipes, leave this one out and use you rown blend.

    ReplyDelete