I have seen this recipe EVERYWHERE! On Disney.com, allrecipes.com , and on other food blogs. a I remember making a casserole similar to this when my sons were young, so I thought I'd give it a try.
Guess what? It takes exactly like a corndog. Exactly. So if you (and especially your kids) like corndogs, these little muffins would make a great treat for lunch.
I think they would go well with chili too, as a side dish.
The kids (of all ages) will love these. This would also be a good beginner recipe for kids to help make.
Corn Dog Muffins
You will need:
* 2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
* 9 hot dogs, cut in half (*I cut mine in smaller rings)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.*I used cupcake liners instead.
2. Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full. Add 1 hot dog half to each muffin. *I added the hotdog pieces to the batter and mixed them together before adding to the muffin tin.
3. Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with mustard and ketchup.
This made about 24 muffins. Sounds like a large amount, but they were gobbled up quickly. None were leftover!
Enjoy~ Everything in Moderation