Monday, November 12, 2018

Corn Dog Muffins (a re-post- popular recipe)



I have seen this recipe EVERYWHERE! I remember making a casserole similar to this when my sons were young, and they loved it. So I thought I'd give this version a try.

Guess what? It takes exactly like a corndog. Exactly. So if you (and especially your kids) like corndogs, these little muffins would make a great treat for lunch.

They also go well with chili too, as a side dish.

I guess, they could also be an appetizer.


The kids (of all ages) will love these. This would also be a good beginner recipe for kids to help make.
Corn Dog Muffins (24)

You will need:

* 2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
* 9 hot dogs (*I cut mine in small rings)




1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.*I used cupcake liners instead.

2. Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened; then add the hotdogs. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full.

3. Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with mustard and ketchup.

This made about 24 muffins. Sounds like a large amount, but they were gobbled up quickly. None were leftover!

NOTE: The average person will eat two of these. I, however, ate THREE, because I'm above average. 😊


Enjoy~ Everything in Moderation

5 comments:

  1. I will definitely try this! .... and looks so easy... my kind of recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children would adore this!.. me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so good!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this but think it would be a fun treat for kids young and old. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete