Friday, October 2, 2009

FAST AND FURIOUS FRIDAY -Corn Dog Muffins



I have seen this recipe EVERYWHERE, (Disney.com, allrecipes.com , etc.) and I remember making a casserole similar to this when my sons were young, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Guess what? It takes exactly like a corndog. Exactly. So if you (and especially your kids) like corndogs, these little muffins would make a great treat for lunch. Pack it in their lunchbox for something a little different.

I think they would go well with chili too, as a side dish.



Corn Dog Muffins

You will need:
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
* 9 hot dogs, cut in half (*I cut mine in smaller rings)




1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.*I used cupcake liners.

2. Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full. Add 1 hot dog half to each muffin. *I added the hotdog pieces to the batter and mixed them together before adding to the muffin tin.

3. Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with mustard and ketchup.

This made about 24 muffins. Sounds like a large amount, but they were gobbled up quickly. None were leftover!

5 comments:

  1. I will definitely try this! .... and looks so easy... my kind of recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children would adore this!.. me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried this but think it would be a fun treat for kids young and old. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete