Thursday, June 13, 2013

FANTASTIC BAKED BEANS






This recipe came to me directly from the folks at Country Bob's. They sent me a few sample bottles of their sauce and a recipe book filled with delicious recipes to try. This is one that was a big hit at our house.  This would be perfect to serve  as a side with BarBq meals, especially on Father's Day.

You've gotta try this recipe- you're gonna' love it! It has a zing to it!

YOU WILL NEED:

1 (53 oz.) can of pork and beans (half of liquid drained)
1/2 lb. fried bacon
2 cups (I used one bottle) of COUNTRY BOB'S ALL PURPOSE SAUCE
1 small onion finely chopped (I used Vidalia)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. COUNTRY BOB'S SEASONED SALT
1/2 green pepper, finely chopped.

Combine all ingredients and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
Makes 8 servings (or only 4 if your bunch eats like MY bunch!)

Enjoy this special day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of making these beans. I will try these Sherri. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious...I love baked beans :)

    ReplyDelete