Saturday, August 22, 2009

Apricot Pork Picante





This is a recipe I've made for the last 15 years that came to me via my cousin Angie through her Electric Company that put out a cookbook each year when she lived in New Mexico. Of course I tweaked it a bit to suit my tastes, but it is very good and simple, and a welcome change of pace from the ordinary pork recipes. You may have made it before too, but it might be time to try it again.




2 lbs. boneless pork, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1/2 pkg. taco seasoning
2 T. vege oil
1 jar (16 oz.) chunky style picante sauce
2/3 cup apricot preserves
Rice

Coat meat with taco seasoning. Heat oil in lg. skillet over med-high heat; add meat and cook till brown, stirring occasionally. Add salsa and preserves to skillet; lower heat. Cover and simmer for 15- 20 minutes. Serve with hot rice. Recipe can be reduced for a smaller family.

4 comments:

  1. Love one dish meals like this, the flavors sound perfect togther.Taco seasoning and apricot preserves..intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds easy and delicious...I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great combination. I make a chicken recipe with apricot preserves, and a pork tenderloin with mango chutney. This looks like it'd be a wonderful melding of those two recipes. I'm printing it out and hope to try it soon. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweetness of the preserves with the hot flavors of the spices and the sauce! Thanks for sharing your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete