Friday, July 31, 2009

FAST AND FURIOUS FRIDAY- Gooey Brownies



My cupboard always has a box of brownie mix in it. Always. Anytime a mix is on sale, I'll throw one in the grocery cart, because they are so versatile and a great dessert to serve to unexpected guests or when you're just having one of the those "Icouldeatanythingthatdoesn'tcrawl" moments!

I made this recipe several times, and folks always ask for the recipe, and are shocked when they realize how simple it is.

So, I'm passing my secret cheater recipe along to you.

YOU WILL NEED:

One box brownie Mix
(and ingredients to prepare it)

1 jar Caramel Sauce or Butterscotch(Smucker's)or if you can find it, ROBERT ROTHSCHILD sauce! (I used to sell this brand in my gift shop years ago, and I think they are the best gourmet sauces on the market!)

1 jar chocolate sauce


Ice cream, whipped cream or your favorite topping (optional)

Prepare brownies according to package directions. When done, remove from oven and poke holes over all. Drizzle generously with the chocolate sauce, then the caramel.

Serve warm with ice cream on top, or your favorite toppings, or just serve as is.

*You have my permission to lick your fingers on this one!

Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. These sound soooo good and as always, I love things that start with a box..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good. I can see why people ask for the recipe! I'm going to print this out for next time we are having one of those moments :) And I also want to check out that sauce you mentioned. Thanks for all the yummy ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is YUMMMMM! I absolutely love brownies and brownie sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound decadent and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love quick weeknight desserts such as this. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummmmm...bring 'em on!!! These look sooooooooooo amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything that starts with brownie is alright by me and lordy does this sound good!!! Brownies, chocolate sauce and caramel sauce, oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing w/brownie mix. They are so tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So 3 or four servings of this awesome treat seem rational and moderate to me right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete