Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Simple Homemade Alfredo Sauce



Alfredo sauce is one of those sauces that screams "COMFORT FOOD"! I can eat Fettuccine Alfredo and feel the lovin' all the way down to my toes.

This recipe is simple, but will help you gain friends and influence people! I've been making it for about 15 years and I have LOTS of friends!

Especially if there's a bit of Italian blood running through their veins.

YOU WILL NEED:

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup half and half
1 1/2 cup water
2 chicken flavor bouillon cubes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat., stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in half and half, water and bouillon cubes. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in Parmesan and heat till just melted. Serve over hot pasta.

*Grilled chicken, steamed broccoli and diced tomatoes can also be added to make this a main dish.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Yum I love me some alfredo! This makes me want pasta for dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your alfredo sauce looks perfect Sherri. I love alfredo sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods...where's the breadsticks for dipping? LOL...I need some alfredo now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite dishes in the whole world! You've given me a craving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my very favorite dishes ever. Sometimes i have alfredo sauce over ravioli rather than fettucine:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - good stuff! Say ... how is Tyson doing? Have you heard anything?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is serious and delicious comfort food! Total eye candy!

    ReplyDelete