Friday, January 5, 2018

LAZY BERRY SALAD (a re-post)


Several years ago , I was asked to prepare a couple of simple,  recipes on our local news morning show (WSILTV-3).


What a blast hanging with this morning crew who made my time there enjoyable, and made me feel at ease. I shared a recipe for my LAZY BERRY SALAD.

 I call it a LAZY salad because it's a recipe for the lazy cook or the overwhelmed cook with no time for getting a meal together but would still like a nice lunch or light dinner to serve.

Hey, it's OK to be lazy! The only work you will have to do here is drive to the supermarket. Unless you can get someone else to do that for ya.

Here's what you need:

Purchase a bag of "lazy lettuce". You know, the lettuce (all varieties) that comes pre-washed and bagged, ready to eat.  I prefer the ORGANIC ones,  because, well, I'm not a fan of eating pesticides.

Add some sliced, fresh strawberries. (Again, spring for the organic ones, if you can.)  I slice my berries with an egg slicer, because, you got it,  I'm LAZY, and, the egg slicer makes nice, uniform slices, if you're into that sort of thing.

Add a small container of Feta Cheese (about 4 oz. or more if you like feta).

Add a small bag of sliced almonds (I'm too lazy to try to slice my own! Goodness- I'm not Martha Stewart, here).

Add some pre-cooked chunks of grilled chicken (or rotisserie chicken from the supermarket that a non-lazy worker has already risen early just to prepare for the lazy people).

Serve with prepared bottled Raspberry or Strawberry vinaigrette (cuz you're too lazy to make your own ;)

Serve on a brightly colored PAPER PLATE cuz dishwashing is out of the question on a lazy day!

Enjoy your lazy day, with this lazy girl recipe. I hope I didn't tire you from causing you to read the directions.

Enjoy~Everything in Moderation




No comments:

Post a Comment