Monday, January 11, 2010

Chili Chicken casserole.



This is one of those casseroles that only needs to be made once a year, because, well, it is fat/calorie laden and it just tastes too good to eat small portions. It is also on my list of comfort foods, and you all know how I love to be comforted!

This would be my suggestion...only prepare this meal after you have had a great week dieting/starving, or have reached some sort of huge milestone or surpassed a goal or something else deserving of a splurge. Then, clean your dinner plate and don't look back. Not for at least, another year!

This delicious casserole was another winner from the Southpoint Church of God cookbook and was submitted by my friend Susan Darnell.

YOU MUST make this dish. It is rich, creamy, with a little kick of Mexican flavor.


My neighbor DJ called me the other day for the recipe and after she made it she took a photo for me so I could post this one. (Cause I still have a few months before I can make it myself!)

SO thank you Susan and DJ for allowing me to share this keeper!

YOU WILL NEED:




1/2 chopped onion
4 T. butter
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 4 0z. can green chilies, drained and mashed
1 10 oz. pkg. wide noodles, boiled
4-6 cups diced chicken
4 cups of grated, sharp cheese
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin powder
i small jar red pimientos
Saute onion in butter. stir in soup, pimientos, peppers and spices. Heat thoroughly. Add 1/2 cheese and heat till melted. Put into greased 9x13 baking dish. Layer noodles, chicken and soup mixture. Cover with rest of cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-40 min.

ENJOY! (Then go run about 5 miles!)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I make mine with Corn Tortillas instead of noodles for more of a "Southwest" flair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very tasty... a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for a crowd! Love all that creamy, cheesy goodness. WOW! This would be comforting on the worst of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once a year? How about once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect comforting meal for a crowd. Must taste delicious! I love meals like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete