Thursday, December 21, 2017

Crissy's Sausage Bread (a re-post)


My friend Crissy shared this delicious recipe after I devoured my portion in the teacher's lounge during the holidays. She was kind enough to give me some extra AND the recipe to share on my blog.

Perfect for breakfast or brunch, and is pretty much a meal in itself, rather than just "bread". This is a perfect holiday breakfast for all to enjoy.

You must give it a try.

SAUSAGE BREAD (makes 2 loaves)





YOU WILL NEED:

Frozen bread dough

6 oz. Shredded/grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 green pepper, chopped
1 pkg. sausage, browned and drained (hot or spicy sausage- depending on your taste)


Take bread dough out of the freezer the night before and let rise (cover with wax paper). The next morning, flatten dough and mix filling ingredients. Spread filling down the center. Lift sides and roll down (so no filling comes out of sides) and seal. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

When done, remove from oven and butter top.


6 comments:

  1. Chrissy, this bread looks awesome. Loving most everything you have up here as a matter of fact. Fabulous. Hi there. Things look awesomely delicious here. Wow. Very impressive. I am now your loyal follower. If you ever have a spare minute, come visit my blog at www.samwich365.com. I would be honored to have you visit/comment or best of all follow. Happy New Year. Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly that looks good! Thanks to Crissy for sharing, does she have any more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bread; a former coworker used to make something similar years and years ago and I haven't had it since. Good to see it posted and be nudged into a memory of a delicious bread. Definitely worth making!! Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similiar sausage bread on my blog, I use celery, mushrooms and onion to saute first, then add 2 types cheeses.. so good. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna- I'll have to check out your version.

    ReplyDelete