Thursday, May 7, 2015

Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake


When I make a trip to the grocery store, I always purchase a box of cake mix when they are on sale.

Devil's Food is my flavor of choice, because it is so versatile, and HELLO, ummmm, it's chocolate!

I can whip together a simple yet elegant looking dessert just by using a bundt pan instead of a regular cake pan, and I can make the recipe according to the directions on box, or add a few of my own simple extras to make it seem as if it were from scratch.

Adding an extra egg, or replacing softened butter for the oil are two common changes I make that make a big difference in taste.

Adding sour cream or buttermilk for liquids and adding a dry instant pudding mix-- all of these add to the moistness of a cake.

Here is a tweaked version of the recipe on the box- extra moist and always delicious.
Perfect when unexpected guests arrive, and nice enough to serve your Valentine,

1 Devils Food cake mix
1 (4 1/2 oz.)chocolate pudding mix (instant)
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. semi chocolate chips
4 eggs (extra lg.)
Powdered sugar
Chocolate frosting

Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Put in greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Invert and while still warm, spread chocolate frosting on top, and it will drizzle down sides nicely. When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

CLICK ON THIS VIDEO and watch me explain a few tips to make a ho-hum dessert really special.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2bhQ-hebpI&feature=youtu.be



 

8 comments:

  1. Love bundt cakes, especially the addictive chocolate ones! Your tweaking is a great idea to make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello chocolate! It looks SO good. Love the added pudding and chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty cake... love the looks of the drizzle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I need a piece of that pretty much right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delicious cake, so pretty with the flutes and glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that looks fantastic. I need a good chocolate bundt cake recipe - I am going to try this one next weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete