Monday, September 7, 2009

From My Cookbook Collection: TOP SECRET RECIPES- "Wendy's Chili"




I have made several great recipes from this book for many years- most recipes taste so close to the original recipe that you can't tell the difference- MANY of them taste even better.
Here is a great chili recipe that I think tastes similar but even better than the famous Wendy's chili--just in time for these chilly temps!

YOU WILL NEED:

2 lbs. ground beef
2 29 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 29 oz. can kidney beans (with liquid)
1 29 oz. can pinto beans (with liquid)
1 cup diced onion ( 1 med. onion)
1/2 cup diced green chili
1/4 diced celery ( i stalk)
3 med. tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp. cumin powder
3 T. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 cups water

Brown and drain fat from beef. In lg. pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring every 15 minutes for 2-3 hours.
Top with grated cheese.

*I always serve sides of sour cream, Fritos, tortilla chips, and crackers and also stretch the meal further by serving leftovers as chili dogs and/or add some macaroni for chili mac.

Enjoy.

14 comments:

  1. This sounds perfect for cool fall weather. chili is one of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...Chili Mac...I love chili mac...I could eat it all cool weather season long! Yum, I have to try this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, this sounds yummy. Especially with the sour cream on the side ;) You are right, it is definitely getting to be time for chili soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Wendy's chili...this sounds super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm cant wait to try it !! i love their chili!!
    this wed coming up you could link it to my whatever you want wednesday linky party!
    my reader will love this!!
    xoxo
    Keren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Wendy's chili & get strange looks when I go home & order some in the middle of summer lol. It would be nice if the Germans imported Wendy's over & actually made the food like in the states. THANKS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on! Users can purchase a signed copy of Todd Wilbur's book here: https://topsecretrecipes.com/Todd-Wilbur-Top-Secret-Recipe-Books/top-secret-recipes-by-todd-wilbur.html

    ReplyDelete