Saturday, October 30, 2010

Simple yet Elegant Filet Mignon




Hey- we all could use a bit of pampering now and then, so I decided today would be BIG AL day. That's my oft neglected husband who quietly stands by as I get myself involved in too many things at times- and he never complains about a house that needs cleaning (actually, he just starts in on it himself!)

I feel as if he has been put on the back burner (pardon the pun) so I vowed to spend a leisurely weekend with him--JUST him. So far so good...

I treated him to a nice supper. Filet Mignon, creamed peas and potatoes, glazed carrots, garlic toast and a salad and his favorite sweet tea!

This was a simple, yet delicious menu that can be served for a special occasion or just serve it when you want to make someone you love feel special.

I love you Big AL!

If you want to give it a try--YOU WILL NEED:

* 2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound total)
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons minced shallot
* 2 slices bacon

Directions:

Place oven rack in it's highest position. Set oven to Broil.
Rub steaks all over with olive oil. Sprinkle with onion powder, then with salt and pepper. Wrap one slice of bacon around each steak, and secure with a toothpick.
Place steaks onto a broiler pan, and broil for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the steaks over, and sprinkle the tops with shallots. Broil for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the steaks are cooked to your liking.



Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that looks delicious Sherri! I can't believe Big Al will start cleaning instead of griping...you've got yourself quite a man there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Kathy. ANd I'm very grateful for him. I know a good thing when I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, y'all are just the perfect match!! I love a good steak too! Wish my husband would start cleaning the house when I get too involved or overly busy - truth is, he could care less about whether there's clutter or dust darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary- your husband thinks like me! I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete