Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Peg's Cheesy Potato Soup



My sister-in-law Peggy made a delicious pot of this soup to add to our Christmas feast and it was WONDERFUL! I even added some of my leftover ham to it the next day and that was great too.

You must give it a try. This is comfort food at its best!

YOU WILL NEED:
3 c. water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
2 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
1 cup sliced celery
1 c. minced onion
1 cup diced carrot


Boil all together until veggies are tender.

Then add:

8 oz. cubed Velveeta cheese.


Let melt and remove from heat.
Add:

2 cups milk
2 cans cream of chicken soup
.

Heat through until warm.

*I also added leftover ham, cubed, and some frozen (thawed brocoli) when I served it the second time.

Serve with crusty bread...and loosen your belt buckle. You're gonna' want seconds!

9 comments:

  1. saving this... Cold nasty and soup sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat soup everyday fall through winter1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds simple and delicious, perfect for this chilly weather we are having in NJ right now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so creamy and so comforting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup looks so good. Perfect for winter. Soup warms the soul and there is just something about potato soup that just hits the spot.

    Happy New Year Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgive me! I meant to wish you Sherri a Happy New Year!!!! I already wished Lynda a happy one (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri, what a nice soup, made with pantry items that I keep on hand. Warm, filling, and comforting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete