Monday, December 28, 2009

(Leftover) Ham Casserole


I have a large amount of ham leftover for Christmas, and I've done everything with it. Fried in up in an omelet for Breakfast, cut chunks of it for a Chef salad, added it to my sister-in-law's leftover cheesy potato soup (I'll share the recipe later on) and made this casserole I found From Taste of Home.

My guys enjoyed this very simple throw together casserole. Each of them asked for seconds. (Well, they didn't really ASK, they just took an extra heaping helping!)

Makes 8-10 Servings
.

Ingredients

* 1 package (12 ounces) wide egg noodles
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
* 1-1/2 cups milk
* 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
* 1-1/2 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
* 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Directions

* Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine soups and milk; stir in the noodles, corn, vegetables, ham, parsley, pepper, salt and 3/4 cup of cheese.
* Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

I'd love to hear your ideas for ham leftovers- I still have A LOT!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, boy, does that casserole sound good! Makes too much for the 2 of us, so I wish I had a crowd to share this with. Big thumbs up!

    We save ham to make ham salad (mayo, sweet relish, ground ham). We like a good eggs benedict. I was looking at a ham biscuit the other day. We did the omelet thing, too, grins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to make a ham soon... everyone's looks great, and now the leftovers are starting

    this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy Sherri :) I didn't have much ham leftover...I only cooked a 2 1/2 lb one for me and Tim :) but what I did have left went to sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has got to be good. It makes me remember one of my mom's casseroles I adored as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this receipe. I made it for a fund raiser and everyone wanted the receipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds good, but only of us. I am trying to get rid of left overs not make more. Maybe I can modify the recipe for two

    ReplyDelete