Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Momma's Salmon Patties



Growing up, Mom always made Salmon patties with mashed potatoes and sweet peas at least once each month, sometimes twice. We love this meal. My grown sons are big fans of the patties, but they eat them like potato chips, so I must make MANY to fill them up! I'll be draining them on the paper towels, and I turn around to add some more to the drain plate, and it will be empty!

Here's Momma's simple, homestyle recipe you can enjoy with your bunch.

YOU WILL NEED:

2 cans pink salmon (remove bones/vertebrae (duh!)
1 egg
1/2 sleeve saltine crackers
minced onion, to taste (1/4 cup?)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Vegetable oil for frying

Mix all well, and shape into patties. On med-high heat, place oil in skillet, and fry patties till golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.

Serve with mashed potatoes and sweet peas.

*Scroll down to previous post for the Herbed Mashed Potato Recipe! They are delcious!



Thanks Mom!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like comfort food at ots best. Moms rock! I only wish my children would realize that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! I'd be snatching them off the plate, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moms always make the best food! These look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up on these. And I still make them when I think to do it. My mom's recipe is very similar with one exception...after she made the patty she would roll it in corn meal. Gives it a nice crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and congrats on 27 years! This Christmas will be our 37th. Time does fly when you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete