Tuesday, September 29, 2009

There's no place like home...especially in Autumn, with a bowl of soup in hand.



I've been busy around the house welcoming my favorite season.





I love the way my home feels all cozy when it's cool and crisp outside






and warm and inviting on the inside.





I wish you could all come visit- I'd make you a nice pot of hot mulled cider, and sit and relax with you on my sofa while we await a warm supper.

Nothing says "Welcome Autumn" like a pot of soup simmering on the stove.

This recipe I just threw together and Big Al ate 3 bowls (one right after the other) then another a little later, so I guess it's a keeper.

It's close to a Poor Boy Soup, and it's very economical and most ingredients are staples so I didn't even have to shop for this recipe.



If you want to give it a try, here's what you'll need:
1/2 onion (minced)
3 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. butter


Cook onion and garlic in butter until onion is transparent.
Brown ground beef and mix with garlic and butter and all to a large soup pot.

Add: 3 cans chicken broth and 2 bouillon cubes (That have been dissolved in boiling water), 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 small can (8 oz.) tomato sauce, 1/2 can sweet corn.

Bring to a boil then simmer on low for at least 30 minutes. Add cooked pasta (I used spaghetti) and heat through.

Serve with crusty bread.

Enjoy.

11 comments:

  1. Your home is so beautifully decorated for Fall. I'd love to come for a visit and have a big bowl of your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...so inviting!!! And the soup sounds like a great bowl of warmth for these cooler days :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Autumn too... and your soup looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fall photos of your home - it looks so inviting. I've been in the mood for soup lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations and also a good bowl of soup. Nothing says fall and comfort more than soup to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful decorating! So warm and welcoming. Just like this soup!! I'd love to lap that up with some crusty bread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks beautiful! Fall is my favorite season too- love the crisp air and the coming holidays. Love the soup too- what time do we eat? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your home just gets me in the mood for autumn. That soup warms me up just looking at it simmer. I've never heard of it before but I can assure you that I will be making it.
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fall is my favorite season too - love your decorations!

    Your soup is a great idea when you have leftover spaghetti too (which I happen to have!).

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is gorgeous! (Note to self: remove spring arrangement from mantle). Love the soup - it's Snuggie weather here and that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love your fall decorations!! Soo beautiful! :) This soup looks sooo good and filling! I'm going to give it a go this week I think!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete