Thursday, December 14, 2017
Lisa's Asparagus Rolls (a popular re-post)
I presented a New Year's Eve presentation on our local morning news program in the past and I featured a recipe shared with me by my facebook friend, Lisa Laird. Lisa told me this was her most requested recipe that she takes often to parties, potlucks, etc.
This is the perfect holiday recipe to take to any party and to serve as a light appetizer at your Christmas or New Year's Eve celebration.
I prepared it the other night for my man and he gave it two thumbs up. I've taken it to Christmas parties and it also received a lot of compliments and I had many recipes requests.
Here's what you will need:
1 bunch of fresh asparagus (thin)
1 block of cream cheese or a small tube of Garlic flavored Cream Cheese
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli salami
1. Take one asparagus and bend it, it will snap where it needs to be cut off. Cut the remaining spears in the same place.
2. In a pot of boiling water plunge the asparagus for 1 min (longer if thinker asparagus is used)
3. Immediately place the asparagus into a bowl of ice water to shock it, which stops the cooking process and keeps it bright green
4. Dry the asparagus with a paper towel and season with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese
5. Take a slice of the Salami and spread a thin layer of cream cheese over it
6. Take about 3 asparagus spears and wrap the salami/cream cheese around the spear.
Stack on a platter, chill 15-30 min and serve.
You can also sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
Enjoy~ Everything in Moderation