Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Paula Deen's Corn Casserole (a repost)



*This is a post from many years ago. But I share it every year at this time... And the teenager mentioned in this post has gone on to be a successful echocardiographer. 

Now, I know teenagers can be a little crazy at times; I've raised three of them. And I also know they come up with some pretty strange requests, but this request caught me off-guard.

My soon to be 18-year-old neighbor Gena, called me last week to say, "Sherri, I know what you can get me for my birthday. I want you to make me the corn casserole that you made for us a while back. That's what I want. Just the corn casserole."

Isn't that hilarious?

Well, I was both flattered and thrilled because it really doesn't cost much and it is simple to put together so sounded like she was letting me off easy!

This dish screams COMFORT! Smooth and creamy, yet firm. Buttery, cheesy, with a hint of sweet from the corn.

Try it out on your bunch and see if they appreciate as much as Gena.




You will need:

* 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
* 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
* 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
* 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.

Enjoy~ Everything in Moderation





9 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I LOVE LOVE this casserole!! I can see why it was a request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A greta recipe... But those kid pictures are wonderful. Thanks for the great post, and thanks for dropping by my site. The Apple Pie will make your yard smell AMAZING...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can attest to that recipe - it's a winner! I can definitely appreciate a good home cooked meal by good ol' mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recipe too! It's a definite fall comfort food. This is my first time to your food site, I've been looking around and I'm so excited to try a bunch of your recipes! They look so great! I've seen several soup recipes I want to try, I just love soup! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Corn casserole-YUM!!!! A Paula Deen corn Casserole just brings it to a new level!
    Those photos were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula Deen has another corn casserole (sans cheese) that I make around the holidays. With cheese, oh WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummo! My family would revolt if I tried to serve anything other than regular corn, but I may have to risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this recipe... I added a couple of ingredients and I think you would agree it is really good.
    1/2 lb of browned H.B. meat an
    1 can of ro-tel tomatoes drained
    oh yeah I mix some of the cheddar cheese in the casserole along with some velveeta shredded.
    Toss a salad and you have a complete meal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes it an entirely different recipe, but sounds wonderful!

      Delete