Monday, January 16, 2017

Strawberry Topped Suzi Q Cake (a repost)


If you want to WOW someone special, try this show-stopper recipe (actually, after you serve this one, no one will remember there even WAS a show!) This is one of my most requested desserts.
PERFECT for your VALENTINE, or any special occasion.
The basic Suzi-Q cake recipe can be found here, but don't despair--it starts with a cake mix. (Or use your own chocolate cake recipe if you have the time and energy). After preparing the cake, for the topping I dipped fresh strawberries in melted chocolate (a bag of Kroger brand semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted in the microwave). Be sure to wash and DRY the berries well before dipping.) I finished it off with chocolate syrup drizzle.

*The original recipe called for Milk Chocolate frosting on the sides. I used WHIPPED chocolate frosting for this one. 

Here is a video of me preparing this wonderful cake. Give it a try!


Enjoy!

1 comment: