Saturday, June 15, 2013

Roasted Edamame...A healthy and DELICOUSLY addictive appetizer


Really. Who woulda'  thunk it?

I do NOT like diet food...I don't drink diet soda--never use fake sweeteners, I like REAL food!  I do enjoy HEALTHY food and recipes. And I'm  trying to incorporate more of those into my tried and true list of favorites, while not missing out on my not-so-healthy dishes, that I intend to enjoy...In moderation (of course).

This summer I vowed to tried some veggies that I've never tried before, and this was one of them.

The humble edamame.

This dish was SIMPLE, only a few ingredients and truly is addicting!

You gotta give it a try. It's cures the salty craving, has a crunchy outside and chewy (not gooey) inside. Best served immediately from the oven, but you can enjoy later, but it will lose its crunch.

For the recipe, you will need

1 bag of frozen, peeled edamame.
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cracked pepper

That's IT!

Run warm water over the edamame once removed from bag and placed into a drainer. Then place between two clean dishtowels to remove the moisture.  Toss with the oil, then the S&P and bake and 375 degrees for 30-40 min. (Stirring every 15 min. or so.)  When done, many will be brown, and "dry" looking, and you will hear a "hiss" from the steam escaping.  Immediately remove to a small serving dish and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment