Monday, December 20, 2010

Taco Soup


Here's a very good taco soup recipe that I'm preparing for a Mexican Christmas party in our teacher's lounge tomorrow. (I will triple the recipe).

It has just a bit of a kick, not too spicy--just right.

YOU WILL NEED:

1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can Rotel (tomatoes and green chilies)
1 can diced tomatoes w/garlic (or stewed tomatoes)
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 lb. cooked hamburger.

Sour cream
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Taco chips

Combine all except last 3 ingredients (do NOT DRAIN any cans) in a pot on stove (simmering) or in a crock pot.

When done, serve in bowls- top with sour cream , cheddar and taco chips.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious. I wouldn't have expected the ranch seasoning. I think I would love this with some avocado chunks on top.

    ReplyDelete