Saturday, January 13, 2018

Chicken Enchiladas



My friend Tracy made this recipe at a party I attended  several years ago, and it was delicious! She was kind enough to share it with me so I could pass it along.

This is not an authentic Mexican recipe, but a delicious Tex-Mex style dish.

And isn't this baking dish gorgeous? Well, I miss it. My wonderful hubs put it on the stove (which had a hot burner going) and it cracked in two- right down the middle.  😔I miss this dish! 

Give this recipe a  try and put some smiles on some hungry faces.

YOU WILL NEED:

4 cups chicken (cooked and diced)
1 small red onion, chopped (optional)
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
3/4 can enchilada sauce

Mix altogether and fill 8 lg. tortillas and roll up.

Put in a 13X9 baking dish.

Pour another 1 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with mixture of

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. Cajun spices

Top with 1 cup of cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 min.

Serve warm with sour cream.

Enjoy~Everything in Moderation

2 comments: