Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's TOO Easy and TOO Fattening & TOO Good Casserole!


I'll admit it. I love a good ole throw together as much as the next person, but even more so when it "sticks to your ribs" with a creamy cheesy sauce! Obviously, I can't eat this way too much because at this rate, it will be awhile before I ever seen those ribs of mine again! I know they're there--hiding under a layer (or two) of flesh.

I realize Velveeta cheese is frowned upon by snooty foodies, but people, there is NOTHING that says comfort like VELVEETA. No. thing.

So, before you turn up your nose at this simple dish, just imagine the warm creamy cheesy sauce, melting nicely with the Italian flavored meat and soft noodles.

After imagining it, whip some up for yourself. Serve it with a nice fresh GREEN salad with LOW-fat dressing and hop on the treadmill if that makes you feel better. But be prepared...this dish is haunted! I heard it calling my name a time or two after dinner.


YOU WILL NEED:

*1 bag pasta shells (boil and drain)

*1 lb. hamburger.
*Good Season's Italian dressing pkt (to taste--I use A LOT!)
*1 clove minced garlic (optional) Unless you're Italian- it's NOT optional then!
* 8 oz.  Velveeta, cubed ( you can use more...I'll never tell ;)
* Milk (to desired consistency- start with 1/4 cup and go from there)

Brown meat with seasonings. Drain fat. Add cheese and let melt while stirring.
Add shells, then add milk to make desired consistency.

Add to 13x9 baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.

(I know- it's REALLY fattening, but as Paula Deen would say...I'm not your Doctor, I'm a cook!")
Bake just till cheese melts (350 degrees).

ENJOY!

11 comments:

  1. I am going to have to make this! Looks SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this southern girl is a fan of Velveeta! Looks marvelous Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Velveeta! It's so creamy and good on so many dishes. Great looking dish Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy. I think I'll give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im going to try it tonight for dinner:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherri! I just found your blog and I am sitting here drooling at the FOOD! I CANT COOK but im gonna give it a SHOT! I have an Interior Design Blog and im doing 14 days of Christmas trees, WHEW! I would love for you to visit...I have a GIVEAWAY TOO!

    *ENTER PAMPERING Give-Away Here *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ♥ Velveeta & I ♥ casseroles. Win, Win :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Just found your blog and can't wait to check out all the recipes! I'm a new blogger and just began my own blog. I hope you'll check mine out sometime too. I'm making the 3 ingrediant Peanut Butter cookies tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, have entered into that last half, on the way to 100! If someone wants to fuss about "processed cheese" just send them to Chef Michael Symon's recipe! (Google his name & Velveeta)

    ReplyDelete