Thursday, June 10, 2010
I don't prepare many recipes in my microwave, it's usually used for reheating, however, I ALWAYS use the microwave to cook my scrambled eggs because they never fail to turn out light and fluffy!
Here is an easy recipe for you to try this weekend. I don't think you'll go back to preparing them in the skillet after this one!
YOU WILL NEED:
1 T. Butter (not margarine- I HATE margarine!)
1 - 1 1/2 T. milk
S & P to taste
Melt butter in microwavable dish.
Add eggs and beat together with fork, add milk and beat together.
Cook for two minutes on high. If needed, break up with fork and continue cooking till desired consistency.
Add S & P.
*I also add shredded cheese when I'm feeling stressed. ;)
Enjoy a leisurely weekend.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and had to try it because of the fantastic reviews it received from so many of those who had tried it. It was a recipe from a caterer and it did not disappoint!
I have several ways I prepare mine, this one was very different, though. Secret ingredients are PARMESAN CHEESE and CURRY! Who knew these flavors would blend so nicely with tuna?!
Not a believer? Don't take my word for it- prepare it yourself and wow the crowd!
Yield 4 servings
* 1 (7 ounce) can white tuna, drained and flaked
* 6 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing (this makes a very creamy salad- use less if you prefer a not-so creamy salad)
* 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
* 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
* 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
* 1 tablespoon dried parsley
* 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
* 1 pinch garlic powder
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and onion flakes. Season with curry powder, parsley, dill and garlic powder. Mix well and serve with crackers or on a sandwich.
*I ate my first sandwich, on 7 grain bread with lettuce added.
Sandwich #2 was made using flour tortillas and lettuce.
Then I ate some with crackers. IT IS ADDICTING and I'm not a tuna salad lover at all!
*In the photo, I had also added some green apple. It didn't need anything extra but I needed to use up the apples!