I have seen this recipe EVERYWHERE! I remember making a casserole similar to this when my sons were young, and they loved it. So I thought I'd give this version a try.
Guess what? It takes exactly like a corndog. Exactly. So if you (and especially your kids) like corndogs, these little muffins would make a great treat for lunch.
They also go well with chili too, as a side dish.
I guess, they could also be an appetizer.
The kids (of all ages) will love these. This would also be a good beginner recipe for kids to help make.
Corn Dog Muffins (24)
You will need:
* 2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
* 9 hot dogs (*I cut mine in small rings)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.*I used cupcake liners instead.
2. Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened; then add the hotdogs. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full.
3. Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with mustard and ketchup.
This made about 24 muffins. Sounds like a large amount, but they were gobbled up quickly. None were leftover!
NOTE: The average person will eat two of these. I, however, ate THREE, because I'm above average. 😊
Enjoy~ Everything in Moderation