Friday, June 19, 2009

CARMELIZED VIDALIA ONIONS and a special request...



Normally, I do my FAST AND FURIOUS recipes on Friday, but today I am posting a recipe sent to me by my dear friend. She sent it a couple of weeks ago, right after she thought she had a mini stroke. Upon further testing, they found that she had lung cancer that has spread to her brain.

I love this lady and her friendship has been of great help to me in my times of need, so I am asking a favor from anyone that will help me.

WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO SEND HER SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT, SCRIPTURE, LINKS TO UPLIFTING SITES, ETC.?

YOU CAN EMAIL THEM TO ME AT ASMURPHY@CLEARWAVE.COM

I will forward them on to her, and print them out and take them to her as well.

She would love this, and trust me, she would do it for you if the tables were turned.

So, here's her recipe, and PLEASE pray for her and send her a little encouragement.

Would you?



Caramelized Onions



M A K E S A B O UT 4 C U P S

6 to 8 Vidalia onions, about 2 1/2 pounds,

thinly sliced

1 10-ounce can chicken or vegetable broth

Garlic cloves to taste, optional

Place all in slow cooker. Cover

and cook on low 12 to 24 hours

or until onions are golden

brown. Add to recipes calling

for onions.

[ T IME S A V E R ]

This recipe can be frozen

for use later.

__________________________

3 comments:

  1. I love caramelized onions - so good!

    I am so sorry to hear of your friend - what a diagnosis. I pray that she finds strength to deal with this trial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with your friend. I can't imagine what she's going through.

    ReplyDelete