Thursday, July 23, 2009

FAST AND FURIOUS FRIDAY MEALS- Tequila Lime Taco Salad



This is not only a quick dinner, it was a throw together inspiration from items already in my fridge or pantry that I didn't have to go to the store to purchase.
The flavored salsa makes this meal, so you don't want to use just any ole salsa- go for the tequila Lime flavor! It gives it a little kick!

Perfect for a lazy weekend cook!

YOU WILL NEED:

1 lb.ground beef (brown and drain)

1 pkg. taco seasoning (plus water amount suggested on pkg.)
Add to beef.

3 T. Tequila Lime Salsa (I used Kroger brand)
1 can of red beans, drained.

Add to beef mixture and cook until heated through.

1 cup Shredded cheese (I used mozzarella -of all things- only because I was out of everything else- but I'd say cheddar would be best!)

Lettuce, tomato, black olives or your favorite taco toppings.

Salsa on the side.
Bag of Tortilla chips


Arrange Chips in large plate/bowl and cover with meat mixture and your favorite toppings.


ENJOY!

7 comments:

  1. This is a perfect, quick summer meal!
    Great picture, too!Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, it's after midnight and I want Mexican.

    I like your sidebar and totally agree. I love to talk and write about, shop, cook and eat food. I even write down recipies and "teach" the other flight attendants to cook right there on the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throw together... well this looks just plain awesome for a throw together. Mexican food is so a fav of mine and this sounds terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda- one out of every twenty food pics I take is a good one! I'm so not the photographer!

    Christina- sounds like you're a foodie/addict as well!

    Donna- this one just happened to work well. It really was a throw together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love taco salad and this sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmm...quick, easy & delicious! Love it.

    ReplyDelete