Friday, October 20, 2017

Pumpkin Cream Muffins--encore presentation





My friend, Glenda, shared this recipe with me many years ago and it has become a favorite of the masses! I whipped up a batch of the DELICIOUSLY moist muffins that are a cross between pumpkin bread and pumpkin cheesecake -- very moist and perfectly sweet.

A perfect way to welcome the fall season. Enjoy them for breakfast with warm coffee or tea, or have them for a snack or dessert.

You gotta try em.



So, here's what you need:



BATTER:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 oil
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

FILLING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar

STREUSEL TOPPING:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 T. flour
2 T. butter

Mix together batter ingredients; set aside.



Blend filling ingredients till smooth; set aside.
Combine streusel ingredients; set aside.

Pour pumpkin batter into greased or lined muffin tins. Fill 2/3 full. Spoon heaping tsp. cream mixture in center.



Sprinkle with 1 tsp. streusel topping.



Bake at 350 degrees for about 18-22 minutes (depending on your oven. Insert a toothpick in center and when removed if it's clean, your muffins are done.)). Makes 18 muffins.



Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Excuse me while I wipe up the drool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I'm going to save this recipe, it looks so good!

    And yes, your beloved is very handsome. God bless him and all our soldiers. Every night I pray for their safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy- I'll pass you a napkin!
    Katy- thank you. REALLY appreciate the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound beyond delicious. Ive been aching to try the pumpkin cream cheese combo.. now I gotta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those look good! I pray for our soldiers every night and am so grateful for them. My cousin & nephew are both overseas right now (one Army, one Marines). Thank you to you, your son & the rest of your family for his service. God bless you all ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. DOnna- I hope you do- you won't be sorry!

    Thank you Kath- appreciate those prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Glad to see you're back again. I miss your posts. It didn't realize you had a son in the military. Do you ever participate in operation baking gals? I'm a part of it and we bake care packages and send them over to soldiers. Sometimes I host a team and am always looking for soldiers to bake for. If you think your son and his buddies might appreciate a package stop by my blog and let me know. I'd be happy to have my team bake for them in the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless you and your son. I understand all too well and will say a prayer.

    Sherri your recipes are the BEST!
    Warmly, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly- I'm new at this military Mom stuff, so no, I've never heard of it. SOunds like a wonderful idea! He cannot receive any treats while in boot camp, however I know of several in Afghanastan that would appreciate it! I'll hook up with you!Thank you.

    Melissa-thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers. MUCH appreciated!

    ReplyDelete