Saturday, February 26, 2011
Lemon Cookies (from a cake mix)
I made a couple of batches of these sweet/tart crisp cookies for a presentation I am doing today on GOODWILL HUNTING at our Local Library.
* For those of you that don't know it...I am QUEEN of shopping for bargains at local thrift shops (like the GOODWILL) and today I am teaming up with an EXTREME Coupon Guru and we are offering a free presentation, sharing our money-saving tips that will help folks stretch a dollar so thin they could see through it!
So, We decided to serve refreshments, to also show how you can make a nice treat and not have to spend a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Rachel is making cupcakes (from cake mixes she paid pennies for) and I am offering these wonderful cookies from a cheap cake mix as well!
EASY and delicious and rather light tasting.
You will need:
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
* 2 eggs
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon lemon extract
* 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven.