Saturday, July 13, 2013

Double Decker Cheese Melt

OK, people...say CHEESE!

This recipe can  fill you up for the main dish at lunch, or  as a great side to a soup or salad.



It is simple to prepare and is oh, so creamy--ooey, gooey-- just like a cheese recipe should be.
Just have plenty of napkins on hand.
And don't eat dessert. 😊

You will need:

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion salt
6 slices bread
Paprika

In a food processor, blend cheese and butter. Add egg and onion and garlic salts; process one minute or until creamy.

 Spread 2 T.  mixture on each slice of bread-- cheese side up. For each sandwich, sprinkle with paprika.  Cut in half diagonally.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes until bubbly and golden.  YIELD: 6 servings.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. this sounds great... have you ever tried Colby as a grilled cheese, I like it even better than cheddar and I like cheddar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria- I think I've tried every cheese imaginable! I like pepper jack, myself.

      Delete