Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Parmesan


I have been roasting LOTS of vegetables, lately. I think it's my favorite way to eat them. It's one the most healthy ways to cook them and it really locks in the flavor of the veggie.

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, and although I've roasted cauliflower before and liked it, this recipe caused me to LOVE it!  I think the difference was the added shredded Parmesan cheese broiled on top at the end.  This was another one of those addicting-but-good-for you-recipes. I like when I find those, because, as you may know, I DON'T like "diet food"!

My daughter-in-law turned up her nose when I first offered her a bite. I coaxed and coaxed her until she finally gave in...then she was pleasantly surprised and helped herself to many bites thereafter! It has become one of her favorites.

You GOTTA gives this one a try!

YOU WILL NEED:


1 head cauliflower
(separate florets then rinse under running water;pat dry.)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease large casserole dish.

Chop 1 T. fresh parsley, then  set aside for later.

2-3T. minced garlic
3 T. olive oil

Add the oil and garlic to the florets and coat well.

Add florets to the dish and season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Bake for 25 minutes, stirring at the halfway point; then remove.

Turn the oven to the broil setting. Sprinkle with 1/3-1/2 cup  SHREDDED  Parmesan Cheese

Broil for 3- 5 minutes. Watch closely so it doesn't burn. *I broiled for only 3 minutes.

Serve warm and ENJOY~Everything in moderation


No comments:

Post a Comment